[c-nsp] Swap hsrp with vrrp in mixed physical/vmware environment?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Mar 22 09:19:40 EDT 2013

>It would be really nice if cisco supported "ping a.b.c.d source a.b.c.X"
>where a.b.c.X was the virtual IP - it would solve a couple of problems
including this one.  Unfortunately, they don't support it

Yeah, having a problem related to this in which the virtual IP address is in
a separate subnet from the real interface IP addresses and I can't get BGP
to establish with a peer, using the virtual IP. The peer can ping my virtual
IP, but I can't ping the peer.