[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 26 12:33:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 04:37:00PM +0100, Jiri Prochazka wrote:
> after replacing one of our old vs-s720-3cxl and 6708-3cxl combo for a
> new sup2t-xl and 6908-2txl I'm struggling with a really poor netflow
> performance.

Ugh.  I can't answer this - we have no Sup2T yet - but I would be very
much interested in whether you can get this solved.  We're currently
planning our "next gen" hardware, and it will either be ASR9001 or Sup2T -
and we're leaning towards Sup2T because "that's 6500, we know the
platform"... (famous last words).

Maybe one of the "collect" items you are using is causing this high
load...?  That's at least what I'd try next - turning off all of
the complicated ones which need a FIB lookup (routing source/dest as,
next-hop, interface in/out), adding them back one by one and see which
one is killing the box...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de