[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

Sam sam-ml at arahant.net
Wed Mar 27 08:08:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, March 27, 2013 12:49 pm, Phil Mayers wrote:
> If it wasn't so irritating/tragic, this would be hilarious. People have
> repeatedly said "sup2T has operationally useful netflow" and yet it
> turns out to be *less* capable than sup720.

I agree on this, however I don't really see a problem in sampling and
reducing the export rate by doing so. We get very accurate data out of
sampled netflow data from sup2t, much more accurate than the data we
obtained from sup720.
We never ever had an issue in more than a year that we run our sup2t's
with sampled netflow and NDE limits (to be honest the limits never dropped
a single export so far).

--
sam