[c-nsp] ASR 1002 / Crashhed / Bug id CSCtx17480

Ahmed Hilmy hilmy.aa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:09:09 EDT 2013

Dear Expert,

I have ASR 1002 router which has been crashed due to bug id CSCtx17480. The
issue is related to PPP. This issue has been fixed in 15.2(2)S2 and later.
Currant IOS version : asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.06.00.S.152-2.S.bin

I am planning to IOS XE upgrade, would your please share your experience
about how to choose the right IOS version that has minimum bugs.
When i am trying to download IOS from Cisco website i found these options:

   1. Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services
Routers<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>

   1. Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor
(RP2)<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>
   2. Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor
(RP1)<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>
   3.

Then

   1. Cisco ASR 1002 Fixed
Router<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>
   2. Cisco ASR 1002
Router<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>
   3. Cisco ASR 1002-X
Router<http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=281716314&flowid=1361>

   1. How can i know which one is my router ?

after choosing my router, three options with come:

   - OS XE ROMMON
Software<http://software.cisco.com/portal/pub/download/portal/select.html?&mdfid=281782371&flowid=1361&softwareid=282046486>
    [image: s]
   - IOS XE Software<http://software.cisco.com/portal/pub/download/portal/select.html?&mdfid=281782371&flowid=1361&softwareid=282046477>
    [image: s]
   - NBAR2 Protocol
Packs<http://software.cisco.com/portal/pub/download/portal/select.html?&mdfid=281782371&flowid=1361&softwareid=284509011>
    [image: s]

Shall i go to IOS XE only or i have to download other files ?

Your replay is a appreciated.

Regards,
Ahmed