[c-nsp] Metro Ethernet nightmares (L2PT, PBB-VPLS, Load Balancing, EVPN)

Holger L cisco at entrap.de
Mon May 6 05:56:59 EDT 2013

Hi Mattias,

On Mon, May 6, 2013 03:13, Mattias Gyllenvarg wrote:
> From what I gathered about this.
>
> EVPN (BGP signaled Ethernet VPN) will solve this as there are to many
> variants of Spanning tree that your clients can use that you today need to
> implement individually toward your customers.

Right, do you know any commands to implement this? All I can find about
this is just sales foo and does not include any commands or examples.

> We run QinQ in eighter ME3400 or ME3600x CPE and asr9k cores for VPLS
> (H-VPLS) customers.

Are your lines transparent for customers STP, CDP, PVST+, etc.? Which
technology do you use, L2PT, PBB or something different?
How do you do load balancing in your core network? By Label?

> Though often not possible we try too get the customer too switch too
> IP-VPN
> as it is much more resilient in nature. More setup Less maintence.

That's definitely true but most of the time not possible for our customers.

Thanks and Best regards,
Holger