[c-nsp] 6704-10GE huge input drops (flushes)

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Tue May 7 15:55:33 EDT 2013

I was exactly looking to this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note0918
6a00804916e0.shtml#utilities

Where the SPAN and the command you mentioned are.

But the document mentions a surprising thing:

"In this output, you can see that the incoming traffic is Layer 3-switched
instead of Layer 2-switched. This indicates that the traffic is being punted
to the CPU."

This is not correct, right ? In my case I just see the L3 in/out Switched
value increasing.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt