[c-nsp] ASR9k to Me3600x VPLS

Claes Jansson claes at gastabud.com
Mon May 13 19:03:03 EDT 2013

I had a similar issue with l2vpn traffic. ME3600 efp+xconnect to ASR
bridge-group and then to a local L3-interface.

Enabling control-word on the ASR (4.2.3 almost all SMUs) solved the
problem. ME3600X version 15.3(2)S.

! ASR9K
l2vpn
  pw-class mpls_cw
   encapsulation mpls
    control-word
!
bridge group test
   bridge-domain test111
    neighbor 1.1.1.111 pw-id 88888
         pw-class mpls_cw
!

This made the pw link-up with control-word enabled on the ME3600X.

! ME3600X
sh mpls l2transport vc 88888 detail
   Control Word: On (configured: autosense)
!

Thanks goes to samallis for helping out on this one!

//Claes Jansson