[c-nsp] DNS amplification

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Tue May 14 10:14:49 EDT 2013

Hello Nick,

guess I did not understand what source IP is allowed with "allow-self-ping".
I just tried out with that setup:

Attacking server somewhere in 1.0.0.0/24 connected to Sup2T with 1.0.0.1
and 1.0.0.2 (hard-coded + HSRP).
Target is 2.0.0.123 (connected somewhere else).

No matter if allow-self-ping is set or not, packets with those sources are
dropped:
1.0.0.1
1.0.0.2
1.0.0.255
2.0.0.123

Only source=1.0.0.3-254 works, that looks like correct behaviour to me.
What additional spoofed IP(s) could be used in that case with
allow-self-ping set ?

kind regards
Rolf