[c-nsp] Nexus 5548 Questions and experiences...

Oliver Garraux oliver at g.garraux.net
Thu May 16 16:53:33 EDT 2013

Twinax-wise we've had a few issues with active twinax cables.  The NIC's on
some storage hosts (Isilon IIRC) didn't work well with active twinax
cables.  We've used Panduit passive twinax cables w/o issue.  I think
Panduit sells up to a 7m passive cable, whereas Cisco only sells passive up
to 5m.

Also - there are some restrictions on ISSU on the 5k that might bite you.
 I think as someone already mentioned it doesn't do ISSU if you're using
L3.  Personally I'd try to avoid doing L3 on a N5k if possible.

Oliver