[c-nsp] ASR9k Too Frequent Update on Rancid

Thong Hawk Yen hawk.yen.thong at time.com.my
Wed May 22 10:14:17 EDT 2013

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Amos THY

Hi,

> We have recently added a new ASR9k into the nerwork.  Prior to this we have other routers running IOS XR namely CRS.

> Being IOS XR the config in Rancid are the same for the CRS and also the ASR9k, however the ASR9k has been "chatty" reporting changes as shown below but not the CRS. Is this a common among the ASR9k or our Rancid config is need some tweaking ? Any experience to rectify this ?

we had a similar thing with our ASAs and an file stored on its disk - the file keeps

being updated...so RANCID reports a change. we fixed this by adding another ignore into

the code/script - you'll find the section relavent for you and similar ignore statements.

alan

CONFIDENTIALITY
The contents of and any attachments to this email are private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or addressee indicated in this message, please notify the sender of the error and destroy the email and any attachments. Please do not reproduce the contents of the email or its attachments as such reproduction is a breach of confidentiality and for which legal action including injunctive relief may be sought against you. If it is your company policy that official communications are not by email, please advise immediately. Any opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of TIME dotCom shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by TIME dotCom, nor shall TIME dotCom shall be liable (directly or vicariously) for such opinions, statements or communications.