[c-nsp] ASR1k to ASR9k CLNS MTU problems

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon May 27 16:41:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

ASR 9k calculates the MTU differently to ASR 1k. We've settled on the
9k way of calculating MTU and adjust all other platforms with "clns
mtu". Our network runs mostly on ~9100, so XR uses 9114 as interface
MTU and 9097 as CLNS MTU (calculated by XR). On other platforms (xe
and classic ios) we apply interface MTU of 9100 with "clns mtu 9083".
I'm guessing that XR takes the source/destination MAC and ethertypes
field into consideration for CLNS frames (14 bytes), but other
platforms don't. I'm not sure where the initial 9097 comes from
though.

kind regards
Pshem