[c-nsp] router selection......

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed May 29 04:49:32 EDT 2013

> Where did you find that 2951 can do up to 300Mbps?

It does depend *very* much on what features you're using, and packet sizes.

On a 2921 (haven't ever benchmarked the '51), I can get 450M of IMIX traffic *each way*, or 900M in Cisco marketing-speak, if it's a pure Internet access service.  Turn on QoS, that number is more like 70M.  Add 10% VoIP-sized packets, 40M.  The "pure forwarding" path on these boxes is blisteringly fast.  The "do anything at all with the packet" path, not so much :(

The OP's 350M *with* voice, security, etc seems a little unusual though, I'll agree.

Regards,
Tim.