[c-nsp] Terminating lots of double-tagged vlans

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Wed May 29 17:38:19 EDT 2013

On Wed May 29, 2013 at 04:36:12PM +0100, Tom Storey wrote:
> Is there a reason you couldnt do something like the following?
>
> encapsulation dot1q 100 second-dot1q 1-4095
>
> Maybe not as "elegant" as the "any" keyword, but it would let you do
> routing while covering all of the inner VLAN IDs?

Depending on the platform/feature, "any" seems to just map to "1-4095" anyway.

I've tried doing this with EVC's on ASR1k, and it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried doing this with ambiguous subinterfaces on the ASR1k, and it
partially works, but not well enough to be usable.

Talking to a Cisco SE, the ASR9k is apparently the first platform which
properly supports termination of broadband users, using DHCP, as IPoEoQinQ. I'm
just waiting for the loan box to arrive to prove it in the lab.

Simon