[c-nsp] TAC hits a new record level of aggravation...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Nov 2 18:53:48 EDT 2013

I had the "opportunity" to open a TAC case last week...  and was greeted
by the "new" website...

I use Firefox with NoScript, Ghostery, AdBlock, and some other plugins
that require their own unique "whitelisting" to get cisco.com to work at
all, and even more if you need to "login" to anything.

I have the most current Java 1.7 installed as of the last round of updates.

So... going to open a TAC case...  I'm presented by at least four (maybe
five?) Java permissions warnings/windows asking me if they can run.

I bear with this, enter a case, and everything I carefully formatted and
pasted into the case was compressed down into a block of continuous
text, forget my newlines, everything crammed into one piece.

I submit the case, and more Java permissions windows.  I go to review
the case... still MORE permissions windows.

Of course I have to go upload a "show tech" (first request for any
case)...  and STILL MORE permissions windows.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!

Anyone else had the "pleasure" of hitting the "new" case management site?

I have NEVER experienced such a technical challenge such as that
presented by the TAC website...

I also now get Java warnings/permissions windows for ASDM for ASA, ASDM
for FWSM, oh the list just keeps on growing for this Java crap.

Jeff