[c-nsp] Strange IP address

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Sun Nov 3 08:35:07 EST 2013

Hi,

> Hi all I was working on a test LAB on GNS3 , the Lab contains both IPv4 and IPv6 with different routing protocolsThe starnge issue is that when I issue the show ip bgp on one of the routers
> I find the IP address 32.1.1.146 as a next-hopdid anyone face this before ?

Can you show your config? I suspect you are sending IPv6 routes to an IPv4 BGP neighbour or vice versa.

Converting your IPv4 address to hex:
- 32  = 0x20
- 1   = 0x01
- 1   = 0x01
- 146 = 0x92

It wouldn't surprise me if one of your IPv6 addresses starts with 2001:0192: (which would be in the IANA reserved block for protocol assignments)

Cheers,
Sander