[c-nsp] Sup2T-XL vs Sup720BXL FIB TCAM

Christian Schmit cschmit at visual-online.lu
Tue Nov 5 11:31:54 EST 2013

Sorry for the screwy formatting, here should be a better output:

Sup2T-XL output of "sh platform hardware capacity":
CAT6500-RC2TXL#sh platform hardware capacity | begin L3 Forwarding Res

L3 Forwarding Resources
              FIB TCAM usage:  Total        Used       %Use
72 bits  (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     1048576      466211     44%
144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6)      524288       14905       3%
288 bits (IPv6 mcast)          262144           1       1%

detail:      Protocol                    Used       %Used
              IPv4                      466209         44%
              MPLS                           1          1%
              EoM                            1          1%

              IPv6                       14896          3%
              IPv4 mcast                     9          1%
              IPv6 mcast                     1          1%

  Adjacency usage:                     Total        Used       %Used
                                     1048576       32018          3%

Sup720BXL output of "sh platform hardware capacity":
(FIB TCAM partitioned with "mls cef maximum-routes ip 768")

CAT6500-RC720BXL#sh platform hardware capacity | begin L3 Forwarding Res

L3 Forwarding Resources
              FIB TCAM usage:  Total        Used        %Used
72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     802816      467625         58%
144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6)     122880       14975         12%

      detail:      Protocol                    Used       %Used
                   IPv4                      467615         58%
                   MPLS                           9          1%
                   EoM                            1          1%

                   IPv6                       14968         12%
                   IPv4 mcast                     4          1%
                   IPv6 mcast                     3          1%

   Adjacency usage:                   Total        Used       %Used
                                     1048576       1480       1%