[c-nsp] ISP / MPLS "POP" design

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Nov 6 01:01:01 EST 2013

>IS-IS can scale to a larger number of devices in a single "area" and
>overall network.  Really depends on how many devices you are talking
>about.  For smaller deployments it usually comes down to who is supporting
>the network and what they are more familiar with.

I didn't want to chime into the usual OSPF vs ISIS debate, but the first
statement is not (or at least has been for a while no longer) true. It
comes down to feature availability (there are just some things which are
slightly different, or are coming out at different times) and, as you
rightfully say, your staff's familiarity with either.

	oli