[c-nsp] ISP / MPLS "POP" design

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Nov 6 08:24:50 EST 2013

1.
Last time I compared these, in regular IOS ISIS had more knobs than OSPF and
vice versa in XR.
But what really matters is the versatility of ISIS and adaptability to new
protocols/features as Mark mentioned.

2.
As Mark mentioned customer tails can be hooked up via two VLANs one going
via 4948(A) to 7200(A) and the other one via (B) path.
Once you'll have the CE hooked up to two separate PEs, you can than rely on
fast failover provided by dynamic routing.
Don't forget to use per PE/VRF RDs.

Since you don't own the L2 access/aggregation an extra(backup) VLAN for a
particular CE will almost certainly result in an additional cost for you
which translates into premium service for customer.

adam