[c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss

Eric A Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 19:06:01 EST 2013

...and, after months of doing nothing and leaving the adjust-mss command in, I actually forgot why they were there, and what the effect was, and even that it was 40 bytes smaller than the MTU.  So I ended up breaking the TCP flows that were marked DF again, and in the end, I'm taking the "high road" of raising the MTU on all my MPLS links to 9100, with the understanding that I won't be dropping any more DF packets on my backbone.  Won't have to worry about non-TCP packets in this case.  Might solve some other issues that I've been seeing recently, too.

Thanks to all who contributed to my education.