[c-nsp] ISP / MPLS "POP" design

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Nov 7 04:04:09 EST 2013

On Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:53:43 AM Oliver Boehmer
(oboehmer) wrote:

> no doubt here.. hence I really wonder who would ever put
> forward such a requirement (and Adam added a smiley, so
> not sure ;-).. We have unified-mpls to scale to very
> large MPLS domains, but the IGP certainly doesn't need
> to scale anywhere close to this..

RFC 3107, I'm assuming.

Even BGP-LS wouldn't necessarily scale, as it's exported
data from the IGP (which won't scale to millions of routes
anyway).

Even the data centres are turning to BGP to scale east-west
routing away from the IGP's (draft-lapukhov-bgp-routing-
large-dc-06).

Mark.