[c-nsp] 6509 "switchport block unicast" wrongly filtering ARP broadcasts

Justin Krejci JKrejci at usinternet.com
Thu Nov 7 09:01:18 EST 2013

To be clear this is just a simplified version of a live network that has many more vlans and networks with routing beyond the 6509. I reduced the topology to just the area where I've identified the problem and can still reproduce the problem.

Am I missing something? I thought "switchport block unicast" should only filter out unicast packets that it wants to flood, not broadcast packets that it wants to flood.