[c-nsp] rate limiting per IP on nexus 7k

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Nov 8 16:04:32 EST 2013

I need to rate limit some hosts to 5Mbps each outbound on a vlan on nexus  7k running 6.2.

Without testing yet, I’am not sure it will rate limit per IP, but may aggregate the rate per ACL since the policing applies to a single class-map.

I would hate to have to configure a class-map for each IP to make it work.

ip access-list servers-to-limit
permit ip host1 any
permit ip host2 any
permit ip host3 any

class-map type qos match-all rate-limit-to-border
      match access-group name servers-to-limit

——————————————————

policy-map type qos linknet-to-border
    class  rate-limit-to-border
      police cir 5 mbps bc 200 ms conform transmit violate drop

ATTACH TO VLAN 3

vlan configuration 3
service-policy output linknet-to-border

Any ideas if this is correct or how it should be don if possible?

Thanks for any help

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University