[c-nsp] Cisco2921 vs 7206VXR/NPE-400

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Tue Nov 12 14:57:32 EST 2013

That are good news,
since 720x seem to be EOL etc.

So with "supported" Hardware for the next years,
replacement for the 7206VXR/NPE400 G1 G2 or 7201 7301
may be either ASR or 3925E .

But what happens with traffic which needs to be fragmented?
How does the 29xx 39xx perform?

>From the 870's I know that I get just 3.x Mbit/s traffix thru
if I use an l2tpv3 with ipesc
and every "wan" paket needs to be fragmented with the l2tp and ipesc
overhead
(CPU load is then 100%)

The 892 is at 8.3 Mbit/s LAN and 10Mbit/s WAN (lstpv3 over ipsec)
at 34 % CPU so I think it can handle 25 Mbit/s for this scenario.

How do the 29x/39xx behave ?