[c-nsp] shaping > 128 mbps - asr9k

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Nov 12 15:59:34 EST 2013

policy-map from-internet-child
 class udp-attack
  shape average 600 mbps
 !
 class class-default
 !
 end-policy-map

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron [mailto:aaron1 at gvtc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:58 PM
To: 'Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)'; 'cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net'
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] shaping > 128 mbps - asr9k

(here's the uncommitted (failing) config... basically I want to shape
inbound UDP to 600 mbps.  please show me how to accomplish that.)

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-pmap-c)#show config

policy-map from-internet-parent
 class class-default
  service-policy from-internet-child
  shape average 1 gbps
 !
 end-policy-map
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/5
 service-policy input from-internet-parent !
end

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-pmap-c)#commi

% Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic
operation. All changes made have been reverted. Please issue 'show
configuration failed' from this session to view the errors

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-pmap-c)#show config failed

!! SEMANTIC ERRORS: This configuration was rejected by !! the system due to
semantic errors. The individual !! errors with each failed configuration
command can be !! found below.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/5
 service-policy input from-internet-parent !!% 'prm_ezhal' detected the
'warning' condition 'Cannot support child/flat shape rate > 128Mbps'
!
end

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-pmap-c)#do sh run class-map

class-map match-all udp-attack
 match protocol udp
 end-class-map
!