[c-nsp] shaping > 128 mbps - asr9k

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Nov 13 15:15:07 EST 2013

Thanks.  I'm trying to slow down ddos attacks that use legitimate udp ports,
do I really want to police my friendly udp traffic right along with my
attack udp traffic?  The line of thinking that I was running with was to
merely slow down the udp traffic, not drop it completely.  Basically, I'm
getting ddos udp attacks in the realm of 2 and 3 gbps up to 2 hours in
duration.  This is killing my distribution networks feed at 1 gbps rates.  I
wanted to slow down (shape) udp on an on-going basis, so as to slow down the
momentary udp attacks.  Thoughts?

Aaron