[c-nsp] Effect of simultaneous TCP sessions on bandwidth

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu Nov 14 08:08:45 EST 2013

So if I understand this correctly, with two tests running, each test
only manages about 50% of the bandwidth of the link?

Are these tests sending data in only one direction, or both?

If they are sending data in both directions, would it not make sense
that each can only use about half the link? A sends ~50% to B which is
repeated back to A, and C sends ~50% to D which is repeated back to C.
That makes about 100% utilisation each way?

Maybe I missed something...