[c-nsp] How to prevent https facebook from the cisco router 1841

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 08:43:33 EST 2013

Hi,

> i need to prevent users to open Facebook https traffic from my router cisco
> 1841

you will need to invest in other technology that can achieve this...and wonder
why you dont get the best people working for your company.  blocking facebook isnt
a technical issue...its a human resource issue. if your company doesnt want users
accessing facebook from your network (at which point they'll use the 3G/4G/etc with
their own devices) then they need to know this and management need to deal with it.
ensure proper disciplinary proceedings for anyone caught doing facebook on company
time and then the problem will be solved.....(but see my point about the sort of
people who will work there).

alan