[c-nsp] IPv6 filters

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 14 15:25:58 EST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 07:58:26AM -0800, Scott Voll wrote:
> I'm currently using a filter list:
>
> ip as-path access-list 1 permit ^$
> ip as-path access-list 1 deny .*
>
> to make sure I'm not a transit provider.
>
> in my googleing around I'm not seeing that done in IPv6

Besides the CPU impact (what Nick pointed out), this is actually *good*
practice, both for IPv4 and for IPv6.

Easier on CPU load but more maintenance if prefixes keep being added
is to filter by prefix-list...  so it depends a bit on how fast your
router's CPU is, how often prefixes change, etc.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de