[c-nsp] ACS 5.4 UCP - where does it listen?

Pierfrancesco Caci pf at caci.it
Fri Nov 15 04:13:42 EST 2013

    Javier> On Nov 13, 2013, at 9:15 AM, Pierfrancesco Caci <pf at caci.it> wrote:

    >> Hi,
    >> I have an ACS 5.4 with two interfaces, one where we get the tacacs
    >> queries, and one for management. Trying to get UCP (using the java
    >> thingie) to work, I can't figure which of the two interfaces it's
    >> listening on, and which port I need to open on the firewall.
    >> You can cluebat me with a pointer to the docs, if that's written
    >> somewhere :-)

    Javier> Ciao Pf,

    Javier> UCP uses Ethernet 0.

Thanks Javier.

For the benefit of others new to the ACS like me, "GigabitEthernet 0" is
"eth0" on the underlying OS.
"tech dumptcp" is plain old tcpdump.
I've noticed that if I send a UCP request to the tacacs address (in my
setup on eth3), I get a reply from the management address. Smells like
bug.

In the end, I got the java UCP working. The python one instead comes
with a very old library, the rpm provided is 32 bits only, and the
library doesn't compile on current OS (tried on ubuntu
12.04LTS). Some comments around the 'net report that it doesn't work
with current python anyway.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci