[c-nsp] N7k CoPP not MPLS-aware?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 12:04:00 EST 2013

On 15/11/13 16:54, Pete Lumbis wrote:
> Why do we want labeled traffic to punt at all? Anything destined locally

Er, no. Think "management in VRF", in which case traffic for the
management loopback arrives labelled with the VRF label.

> should be imp-null or would have the exp-null label stripped in
> hardware.  So my bigger question would be "why are we punting?" Beyond
> that what CoPP class should it match if it does punt? Are you staying
> there is a class to match mpls traffic that is not actually matching?

No.

On sup720, labelled traffic to the box is matched against the CoPP
policies after the labels are popped. This seems, obviously, more useful
than matching before the labels (when the IP header is hidden).