[c-nsp] IPv6 filters

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Nov 20 03:43:21 EST 2013

>>On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 05:48:56 PM Nick Hilliard
>>wrote:
>>
>> unless you configured "no bgp default ipv4-unicast" on ios, older
>> versions of ios will default to exchanging
>> ipv4 prefixes over ipv6. I don't even know if this is still the
>> default because I've been using "no bgp default ipv4-unicast" for
>> several years.  In any case, it's better to be explicit about what
>> AFIs you want sent over what protocols.  Except for one or two
>> peculiar non-routing cases, I religiously keep them apart.
>
>I think I pray at the church more often that you do, Nick :-).
>
>Seriously, +1.
>
>Mark.

I agree as well,
Running separate TCP session for v4 and v6 is convenient - e.g. if you
receive "special" v4 update that knocks your session down you at least
didn't lose the v6 session and vice versa, same goes for manual
maintenances.

Oh and using separate policies for v4 and v6 has also many advantages.

adam