[c-nsp] Bad routes in MPLS

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Nov 20 09:27:37 EST 2013

On (2013-11-19 15:45 -0800), Tony wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've been having an issue recently where we have routes on PE routers that look to be ok, but are not forwarding any traffic. Usually this can be resolved by doing "clear ip route vrf <vrf_name> <ip_prefix>" which causes the PE to re-learn the route and everything works again.

Could be number of reasons. You might want to confirm if 'sh mls cef vrf X
lookup Y' and 'sh mls cef adjacency X' are ok next time it happens.  If they
are not ok, you can in interim use script to pull out CEF and MLS CEF
periodically, compare and clear mismatches, I've done that few times.

But if MLS CEF is ok, unfortunately it still does not prove it'll work. If MLS
CEF looks ok too, you really would need to check from ELAM what the platform
is doing with the frames which are not passed, it usually gives lot of
information what is wrong.

But like Pete said upgrade to latest SRE might be good call, it'll be
supported at least until like mid 2015.

--
  ++ytti