[c-nsp] ISIS LSP-MTU and CLNS-MTU

Dhamija Amit amiitdhamija at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 06:54:34 EST 2013

Hi

In IOS-XR under ISIS there are two types of MTU one is LSP-MTU and other one is CLNS-MTU.

CLNS-MTU is not a configurable parameter but it is set automatically based on MTU of the Interface, However LSP-MTU is configurable global Parameter.

I would like to know what is the use of CLNS-MTU in case my hello padding is disabled. Will there be any issue in case i connect with neighbouring device which doesn't have same CLNS MTU ??

Also what is default value of LSP-MTU in IOS-XR .

Many Thanks
Amit Dhamija