[c-nsp] Bad routes in MPLS

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 17:06:51 EST 2013

> You don't seem to run BCP MLS rate-limiters

No, we don't but sounds like perhaps it would allow us pick up stuff like this sooner ? Apart from added complexity are there any reasons not to ?

>IF you have DFC, you also need to give module number for these commands.

No DFC it the box. I did try with the module number and it told me to go away (actually it didn't I think the result was just no output).

> I would also have been interested in flags of the adjacency.

Do you means the flags as shown below (with the "detail" option), or something else ?

7609#sho mls cef adjacency entr 311374 detail

Index: 311374  smac: 0013.1abf.2280, dmac: 0012.7fee.ed40
               mtu: 1548, vlan: 1099, dindex: 0x0, l3rw_vld: 1
               format: MPLS, flags: 0x8418
               label0: 0, exp: 0, ovr: 0
               label1: 0, exp: 0, ovr: 0
               label2: 17, exp: 0, ovr: 0
               op: PUSH_LABEL2
               packets: 15, bytes: 1844

> run ELAM capture to see what platform claims to be doing to it

Possibly next time when it isn't 0700 Sunday morning and I don't have children jumping all over me :)
I'm also hoping there isn't a next time before upgrade in 3 days time...

Thanks again for your valuable input.

regards,
Tony.