[c-nsp] Unicast as Anycast

JJ morph at 0z0ne.com
Mon Nov 25 08:06:30 EST 2013

Hi there

I´m looking to make some tests with anycast(for DDoS mitigation). Does
someone tried to achieve this with unicast IPs?.

You know it´s not possible to get more IP assignments from RIPE, and after
asking RIPE for anycast assignments, they told me we still  could use
unicast for this purpose.
It sounds a bit weird to me...but  I made a try and configured a /24 being
announced in our AS(different ASN) in Miami and Madrid(Spain), then I just
asked my carriers to open their filters and... It doesn´t work.

Have you ever tried a configuration like this? (and successful :) ) ,or,
perhaps, am I trying the impossible?

cheers!

JJ