[c-nsp] MPLS-TP on CPT platform vs IP/MPLS core on ASR with TE

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Nov 26 22:20:12 EST 2013

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:16:38 PM Adam Vitkovsky
wrote:

> What do you folks mean by IPoDWDM?
> I always think of G.709 (OUT; ODU type of framing).

Yes, that one.

Basically, moving the ROADM functionality out of the optical
domain and into the router line card.

One of the best applications for me, for this, would be
visibility into the fibre, and proactive failover when a
certain fibre error-rate is reached, prior to complete
service failure.

> I don't really think of it as OTN or GMPLS aka
> multiprotocol lambda switching where PEs or PCEs
> provisions the optical switches/ optical path end to
> end.

SDN will polish your nails also :-).

Mark.