[c-nsp] MPLS-TP on CPT platform vs IP/MPLS core on ASR with TE

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 27 03:52:02 EST 2013

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:46:24 AM Sander Steffann
wrote:

> +1!

The thing is, commercially, it is not always feasible to
deploy IPoDWDM everywhere.

In a network that has its own fibre (local and national), it
may make sense to run rings over dark fibre if you have
plenty of fibre, and in other cases (particularly over
longer spans), you would be better off driving it across
DWDM infrastructure. Whether that is a transponder (grey
light) or a colored wave, depends on all the other stuff I
mentioned in a previous post.

I think a hybrid is more likely for most:

	- Some IPoDWDM
	- Some dark fibre
	- Some EoDWDM (grey light)

Mark.