[c-nsp] IPv6 in the lab......

Jeyamurali Sivapathasundaram sjeyamurali at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 03:32:29 EST 2013

hi

To get IPV6 to work, you need to load the correct SDM template and reload
the switches.

Then you need to enable "ipv6 unicast-routing" on all devices.

There is no anything else apart from configuring IPV6 addresses that you
need to do, if all you want to do is to ping.

You should be able to ping Link-Local and Unicast addresses.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I may be dense or something, but if I have two devices on a Vlan with
> IPv6 addresses in the same network, why would I not be able to ping them?
>
> Is there something I have to do on layer 2 switches in order to allow the
> icmpv6 to flow?
>
> Switches are 3560's and nexus 5500/2k's
>
> TIA
>
> Scott