[c-nsp] ME3400 FHRP - GLBP with IPv4 and IPv6

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Thu Nov 28 04:26:17 EST 2013

Am 27.11.2013 18:17, schrieb Calin C.:
> I did encounter this message only with HSRP and there the problem was
> that IPv6 requires version 2 and IPv4 works fine with version 1.
>
> For GLBP...please let me know if you find the answer.

Yep, unfortunately the ME platform doesn't support IPv6 with HSRPv2.

We have already opened a TAC case regarding ME3400/GLBP/IPv4+IPv6 but
we've got no useful feedback so far.

Currently we are using HSRP for IPv4 redundancy and anycast for IPv6
redundancy on this platform as a workaround where IPv6 anycast is
quicker than we had expected. But it's not tunable with other
dependencies (tracking, link down, ...).

Gerald