[c-nsp] Difference in IP FRR Link vs Per Prefix Option

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Fri Nov 29 04:44:59 EST 2013

Hi Amit,

Not sure which router(s) is/are D(destinations) in your calculations.

I rather refer to inequality 3 and its clear explanation in particular.

Distance_opt(N, D) < Distance_opt(N, E) + Distance_opt(E, D)

   If Distance_opt(N,D) = Distance_opt(N, E) + Distance_opt(E, D), it is

   possible that N has equal-cost paths and one of those could provide

   protection against E's node failure.  However, it is equally possible

   that one of N's paths goes through E, and the calculating router has

   no way to influence N's decision to use it.  Therefore, it SHOULD be

   assumed that an alternate next-hop does not offer node protection if

   Inequality 3 is not met.

adam