[c-nsp] C6K, SUP720, 15.1SY

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 2 13:31:45 EDT 2013

On 02/10/13 18:16, Tim Durack wrote:
> Anyone running C6K, SUP720, 15.1SY?

Yes.

> We are running into some possible CEF bugs, and the response we are getting
> from TAC is "15.1SY is buggy, you should be running 12.2SX."

Yikes. That's quite a terrifying response, and yes, absolutely unacceptable.

In particular, there are KNOWN FIB corruption bugs in 12.2SX (I had
several TAC cases) that are *only* fixed in the 15.1SY train - Cisco
told me the 12.2SX train was going into long-term critical-fix-only
mode, which is why we upgraded.

> I find that response unacceptable, but maybe I am in the minority. Feedback
> on/off list is fine.

What specific problems are you having, and which exact SY release are
you on? What mix of linecards/traffic?