[c-nsp] "reload" command doesn't check command line parameters

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 8 06:55:26 EDT 2013

On (2013-10-08 10:57 +0200), Sander Steffann wrote:

> > The two outputs do have different warnings:
> >
> > reload reason:
> > ===========================
> > Router#reload
> > Proceed with reload? [confirm]
> > ===========================
>
> If this warning would be changed to:
> ===========================
> Router#reload int 5
> Proceed with IMMEDIATE reload? [confirm]
> ===========================
>
> Then it would be much clearer.

Implication here is, you made typo in the original command and you are aware
of it. I guess if you are aware of the typo, you didn't make it.
If you are not aware of the typo you made, you'll just punch the 'y' from
muscle memory without looking at the display.

I don't think it would actually help. What does help, is taking humans our of
the equation as much as possible. Break network less often but more thoroughly
through automation.

--
  ++ytti