[c-nsp] ASR9000 queue-limit ? ms

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Oct 15 08:05:28 EDT 2013

I was under the impression it's X ms no matter what the current traffic rate
is.

Well to be honest I have no clue whether it's function of offered rate or
current rate looking at the formulas in cisco docs:

default queue limit (in packets) = (200 ms * (queue bandwidth or shaper
rate) / 8) / average packet size, which is 250 bytes
The default queue-limit is set to bytes of 100 ms of queue bandwidth.
The following formula is used to calculate the default queue limit (in
bytes):??bytes = (100 ms / 1000 ms) * queue_bandwidth kbps)) / 8

adam