[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Fri Oct 18 05:13:39 EDT 2013

Hi,

the whole interface config:
interface Vlan1421
 description ...
 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip ospf authentication message-digest
 ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 ......................
 ip ospf cost 1000
 load-interval 30
 ipv6 address x::1/y
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 nd ra suppress
 no ipv6 redirects
 ipv6 ospf 1 area 2069
 ipv6 ospf cost 1000
end

I apply netflow with:
 ip flow monitor <monitorname> input
 ip flow monitor <monitorname> output

Also tried with the "unicast" parameter, no effect.
Changing collect interface to match interface neither helps.
Replacing the record type with plattform default (record platform-original
ipv4 interface-full) does not reduce load either.

I guess it uses no sampling.
How do I configure/enable sampling ?
How do I see if it is sampled ?
I see no commands that look like to configure or verify sampling rate.

It's a 7609-S with CFC only and WS-X67xx linecards.

kind regards
Rolf