[c-nsp] ENNI Termination

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Sun Oct 20 21:47:17 EDT 2013

I'm doing several c-vlan's over mpls xconnects to about 30 or 40 remote
sites.... all of the pw's home back to one asr901 interface.  I believe this
would be called port-based eompls... aka, mef speak, evpl (Ethernet virtual
private line).... I'm taking a different cvlan for ever spoke site and
landing it all onto one asr901 interface

I'm doing some pretty flexible things like that too with me3600x.  I think
the me3600x is more capable than the asr901.  I believe the asr901 doesn't
do vlan based eompls.... but purely port based.  Granted, it's vlan based
within the port level, but the me3600 can do svi vlan based eompls at the
svi level, whereas multiple ports on the me3600 can then be mapped to that
svi vlan based mpls l2vpn back to another site.

Check back with me in 5 days, I'll probably have more to say about this.
I'm starting UCMCS9K tomorrow....5 days of MEF ASR9K training.  Really
looking forward to it...

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/ase/offerings/metroe/index.html

aaron