[c-nsp] 6500 IOS recommendation?

Tim Huffman tim at bobbroadband.com
Tue Oct 22 15:26:19 EDT 2013

Now THAT is good to know. Thanks!

--
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Chris Welti
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:13 AM
To: Phil Mayers; Jon Lewis; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 6500 IOS recommendation?

A little word of advice for those that use BGP: Don't use 15.1(1)SY and 15.1(1)SY1.
They have a nasty little BGP bug that can create black holes or loops for random prefixes due to stale RIB entries of withdrawals that are not processed correctly (CSCuh43027).
Some withdrawn prefixes are being removed from the BGP table, but not from the RIB!
It's very hard to debug and even notice as it usually only affects a couple thousand prefixes, but it's annoying.
A lot of 15.1, 15.2. and 15.3 trains have the same issues, so be careful also on the 7600 "S" train.
It is fixed in 15.1(2)SY and 15.2(4)S4 only.
So if you want to use 15.1 on Sup720/Sup2T, use 15.1(2)SY.

Regards,
Chris