[c-nsp] FAT PW between 7600 - ASR9K

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 23:35:49 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with FAT PW between 7600 and ASR9K?

The ASR9K supports it for sure and it has been verified.
The 7600, according to the doc, supports it only for VPLS with the addition
of a global command "platform vfi load-balance-label vlan xxxx".

We have implemented all the above, the pseudowires come up, but the flow
label capability is not negotiated between 7600-ASR9K.

Apart from that, there is no traffic flow over the pseudowires in the
direction 7600->ASR9K.
After we remove the "platform vfi load-balance-label vlan xxxx" command
from the 7600, traffic starts flowing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
George