[c-nsp] PRTG OR ZABBIX MONITORING TOOL what is your opinion

Luis Miguel Cruz Miranda luismcm at imasd.net
Tue Sep 10 14:55:12 EDT 2013

I agree PRTG is great and time to learn it and time to deploy is small.

NAGIOS needs a lot of tunning to be useful, I think, a serious NAGIOS
deployment with several devices and/or changes on the network (as for
example probes for several SLAs...) needs someone dedicated to
maintain it with some experience.

I like NMIS, free/community version available, works perfectly for a
Cisco environment but latest GUI... I really don't like it at all.

Luis