[c-nsp] PRTG OR ZABBIX MONITORING TOOL what is your opinion

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 21:06:35 EDT 2013

>________________________________
> From: "A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk" <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>
>
>Subject: Re: [c-nsp] PRTG OR ZABBIX MONITORING TOOL what is your opinion
>

>  because we havent just plonked for some bespoke
>commercial solution which only lets you do what they want, we can add extra things.
>like integrate it to our DNS - so when an entry is added to a particular DNS
>range, its automatically added to NAGIOS monitoring for that class of device.

You mean like this ?

http://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/593-how-can-i-use-the-prtg-application-programming-interface-api

I customise the HTML in our installation all the time to change the way it looks or does things without any problems (just like I might with nagios/mrtg). I also log support tickets and the dev's give me help on what "undocumented" parameters I can use to try and achieve some of the things I would like to do.

regards,
Tony.