[c-nsp] 6500 Sup 2T QoS

Christopher Pole cspole at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 22:58:19 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I'm building some 6500s with 2T sups running advanced enterprise
15.01(1)SY1 and am having some difficulty figuring out how to configure and
assign dscp values to the ingress tail drop thresholds on X6816-10T-2T
interfaces using c3pl.

Assigning dscp values to and configuring WRED queue thresholds is
straightforward. e.g.:

 class c-map-af41-af42-af43
  bandwidth remaining percent 10
  random-detect dscp-based
  random-detect dscp af41 percent 80 100
  random-detect dscp af42 percent 70 100
  random-detect dscp af43 percent 60 100

However I can't figure out the equivalent for tail drop only thresholds,
and haven't found anything on Google etc. I can fall back to the old mls
qos commands but would prefer to use the new c3pl if possible.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,
Chris
cspole at gmail.com